Most people who are not into forex trading believe that forex trading is something that is very difficult and only the intellectually gifted can do. While it is true that forex trading does require a certain degree of intellect to be able to understand properly, but it is really not that difficult. Forex trading is not exclusive only for the intellectually gifted people who could understand quantitative analysis, macroeconomics and finance. Although many big banks do trade in that manner, retail traders could actually make do with simple trading strategies. It is not our job to guess the fair price of a forex pair. It is our job to make money by following the flow of the market. We could leave the fair price guessing to the big banks and just follow the money. Simple trend following strategies can accomplish this quite easily.
One of the simplest forms of trading strategy is the moving average crossover strategy. This trading strategy trades on trend reversal signals based on the crossing over of moving average lines. However, it has fallen out of fashion because many newbies would follow these signals blindly without any regard for other signals. If used with the right complementary moving averages and in combination with other signals, whether price action or indicator based, crossover strategies can still do wonders.
TSR Big Trend – Slope Direction Line
TSR Big Trend or Slope Direction Line is a custom trend following indicator which is based on a modified moving average.
The TSR Big Trend indicator is a long-term moving average line which plots a smooth line which is less susceptible to price spikes. It follows price action at a considerable distance allowing it to handle price spikes more effectively.
The TSR Big Trend line changes color indicating the direction of the trend based on the slope of the line. A light blue line indicates a bullish long-term trend bias, while a tomato colored line indicates a bearish trend bias.
TSR Signal Line – Signal Line
TSR Signal Line or Signal Line is another custom trend following indicator which is based on a modified moving average line.
While the Big Trend line is indicative of a longer-term trend, the TSR Signal Line represents a shorter-term trend. This moving average line attempts to retain smoothness in order to avoid false signals, yet it is also very responsive to price action. This creates a line that hugs price action more closely.
The TSR Signal Line also changes color to indicate the trend direction based on the slope of its line. A lime line indicates a bullish trend bias, while a red line indicates a bearish trend bias.
TSR Execute Line – Execute Line
TSR Execute Line or Execute Line is also a custom trend following indicator based on the same family of moving average lines.
While the Big Trend line is indicative of the long-term trend and the Signal Line is indicative of a shorter-term trend, the Execute Line represents the immediate movement of price action. This line is very responsive to short-term price movements allowing it to indicate the direction of the short-term momentum.
This line also changes color to indicate the direction of the short-term momentum. A yellow Execute Line indicates a bullish short-term momentum, while a magenta line indicates a bearish short-term momentum.
Big Trend Execute Signal Forex Trading Strategy is a simple trend following strategy based on the crossing over of the above-mentioned group of custom moving average lines. However, instead of taking every crossover signal produced by the indicator, we will only be trading momentum candles.
The Slope Direction Line will be used to help us identify the direction of our trade based on the long-term trend. This is based on the location of price action in relation to the Big Trend Line as well as the color of the line.
The trade signals will then be generated based on the crossing over of the Signal Line and the Execute Line. The color of the lines should also agree with the direction of the crossover. This would allow us to align the immediate short-term momentum, short-term trend, and the long-term trend.
The signals produced by the crossing over of the two lines should also be in confluence with a momentum candle. This would indicate a strong momentum pushing in the direction of the long-term trend.
- (T_S_R)-Execute Line
- (T_S_R)-Signal Line
- (T_S_R)-Big Trend
Preferred Time Frames: 15-minute, 30-minute, 1-hour and 4-hour charts
Currency Pairs: FX majors, minors and crosses
Trading Sessions: Tokyo, London and New York sessions
Buy Trade Setup
- Price action should be above the Big Trend line.
- The Big Trend line should be light blue.
- The Execute Line should cross above the Signal Line.
- The Execute Line should be yellow.
- The Signal Line should be lime.
- The crossover should be in confluence with a bullish momentum candle.
- Enter a buy order on the confirmation of these conditions.
- Set the stop loss below the entry candle.
- Set the take profit target at 2x the risk on the stop loss.
Sell Trade Setup
- Price action should be below the Big Trend line.
- The Big Trend line should be tomato.
- The Execute Line should cross below the Signal Line.
- The Execute Line should be magenta.
- The Signal Line should be red.
- The crossover should be in confluence with a bearish momentum candle.
- Enter a sell order on the confirmation of these conditions.
- Set the stop loss above the entry candle.
- Set the take profit target at 2x the risk on the stop loss.
This simple trading strategy is a working trading strategy. If used in the right trending market, this trading strategy could produce high probability trade setups that should earn you double your risk on every winning trade.
Trading this strategy should be done on clear yet fresh trends. You would not want to take a trade on a trend that is long overdue for a reversal.
It is also best to use sound money management techniques when trading this strategy, such as moving the stop loss to breakeven whenever possible.
Forex Trading Strategies Installation Instructions
Big Trend Execute Signal Forex Trading Strategy is a combination of Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator(s) and template.
The essence of this forex strategy is to transform the accumulated history data and trading signals.
Big Trend Execute Signal Forex Trading Strategy provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust this strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
- Free $50 To Start Trading Instantly! (Withdrawable Profit)
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Award Winning Forex Broker
- Additional Exclusive Bonuses Throughout The Year
>> Claim Your $50 Bonus Here <<
Click Here for Step-By-Step XM Broker Account Opening Guide
How to install Big Trend Execute Signal Forex Trading Strategy?
- Download Big Trend Execute Signal Forex Trading Strategy.zip
- *Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Copy tpl file (Template) to your Metatrader Directory / templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex strategy
- Right click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select Big Trend Execute Signal Forex Trading Strategy
- You will see Big Trend Execute Signal Forex Trading Strategy is available on your Chart
*Note: Not all forex strategies come with mq4/ex4 files. Some templates are already integrated with the MT4 Indicators from the MetaTrader Platform.
Click here below to download: