- USDIndex – back in demand ahead of Powell at Jackson Hole and as markets speculated on 100 bps in ECB hikes by October, though it recovered some to finish at 108.64.
- EUR – Remains under parity. German GfK consumer confidence plunged to -36.5, which could keep Euro underpinned.
- JPY has lifted to 137.00, GBP steady below 1.1800.
- AUD fell 0.4% below the psychological level of $0.7 & NZD fell 0.5%, giving up some of the strong gains in the previous day. The AUD has been performing better against the battered European currencies.
- Stocks: US stocks are in the red with concern over aggressive tightening and a rise in yields capping gains (USA100 rallied 0.41%, with the USA500 up 0.29%, and the USA30 0.18% higher). Nikkei and ASX are up 0.8% and 0.5% after a strong close on Wall Street. GER40 and UK100 futures have lifted 0.4% and 0.3% respectively.
- Oil slumped by about $2 a barrel on the possible return of sanctioned Iranian oil exports and on worries about the impact on fuel demand from rising US. Down to $92.08.
- Gold – bounced from support at $151.80 to $1758.70.
Today – US PCE, Michigan Consumer Sentiment, Jackson Hole Symposium and Fed’s Chair Powell Speech.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) NZDUSD(–0.45%). Dropped to 0.6195 from 0.6250. MAs aligning lower, MACD histogram negative & signal line falling, RSI 36.74 & dropping, H1 ATR 0.00089.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.