- USDIndex – another volatile day – down from 109.00 declined to 108.20 after mixed Durable Goods & more Housing Data. – Jackson Hole in focus.
- EUR – Remains weighed by energy crisis and record high GAS prices. German GDP helps a lift back to 1.000, but in 4th day below this key level.
- JPY holds between 137.00 & 136.00 having failed to breach 137.00 yesterday.
- GBP also weighed by energy crisis & widening strike action.Trades at 1.1850 with 1.1800 now support.
- Stocks US stocks gained into close. (S&P500 -12.00pts (+0.3%) 4140) – Biggest movers – Peloton & BBBY (+20 & +18%) ; Revlon & Nordstrom (-11% & –20%). Nvidia -4.56% After hours following Earnings miss.
- Oil continued to rally, more chatter of OPEC+ production cuts, BP closing refineries due to fires and a big fall in inventories. Up 0.5% over $95 to $95.60.
- Gold – bounced from support at $1736 and $1745 and trades at $1758.
- BTC – over 21-21.5K range at 21.6k.
Overnight – Asian equity markets recovered after nine days lower, European FUTS also higher. NZD Retail Sales Miss significantly (-2.3% vs. 1.7%), JPY SPPI misses (2.1% vs. 2.2%) German Final Q2 GDP a tick better at (0.1% vs. 0.0%).
Today – German Ifo, US GDP (2nd), PCE Prices Prelim, Jackson Hole Symposium, ECB, CBRT & Banxico Minutes.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) AUDUSD (+0.88%). Rally from 0.6850 & 0.6900 support continues, trades at 0.6975 now. MAs aligning higher, MACD histogram positive & signal line rising, RSI 73.60 OB & rising, H1 ATR 0.00137, Daily ATR 0.00823.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.